1. My host family is taking me to ________ English film festival next weekend.
A. an B. a C. the D. 不填
2. —What do you call your father’s sisters?
A. Uncles B. Cousins C. Aunts D. Parents
3. A 100-year-old man ran a marathon in Toronto on Sunday. He became the ________ person to complete the long-distance running in the world.
A. youngest B. best C. biggest D. oldest
4. —What does your new English teacher look like?
—She is a pretty lady ________ long hair.
A. at B. for C. with D. of
5. —Do you need a new dictionary, Susan?
—No, Mum. My uncle bought me ________ yesterday.
A. one B. it C. the one D. another
6. My friend Frank sings well, and he is _______ good at playing guitar.
A. not B. also C. yet D. too
7. As one of the school rules, middle school students are not ________ to smoke.
A. ordered B. refused C. allowed D. forbidden
8. —Have you ever seen the movie 2012?
—Yes, but I don’t believe ________ the year 2012 will see the end of the world.
A. that B. what C. how D. if
9. Some of the students are nearsighted _______ they spend too much time watching TV or playing online games.
A. when B. though C. because D. unless
10. —Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the People’s Park?
—Walk along this road and turn right, and the park is on your right. You _______miss it.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. may not D. won’t
11. Our foreign teacher Mr Green ________ us English since three years ago.
A. has taught B. is teaching C. taught D. teaches
12. —Steve, ________do you play basketball after school?
—Twice a week. It can keep me healthy.
A. how far B. how soon C. how long D. how often
13. Whenever I see the birds, I’ll _______ flying in the sky.
A. think up B. dream of C. work on D. pick up
14. Welcome to our school, ladies and gentlemen. ________, I’d like to introduce myself.
A. To be honest B. To my surprise
C. To start with D. To tell you the truth
15. Which of the following signs means “No climbing”?
A B C D
Tom was sitting in his English class. It was a hot afternoon and he was feeling sleepy. It was a grammar lesson and Tom was also bored. He 16 grammar. He wanted to leave school and work. Tom looked out of the 17 . He looked at the trees and flowers. Then he started day-dreaming.
After ten minutes the teacher stopped 18 . He asked the students to do a grammar exercise in their books. The students took out 19 exercise books and pencils and they started writing. The teacher looked at Tom. He saw that he wasn’t writing so he said, “ 20 aren’t you writing, Tom?”
“What, sir?” Tom said.
“ 21 , Tom!” the teacher said, “Why aren’t you writing?”
Tom thought for a moment and replied, “I ain’t got no pencil.”
The teacher looked 22 Tom and said, “You ain’t got no pencil? You mean you don’t have a pencil?”
Tom didn’t understand the English teacher 23 he said, “Sorry, sir.”
The teacher said in a(n) 24 voice, “I don’t have a pencil. He doesn’t have a pencil. She doesn’t have a pencil. We don’t have pencils. They don’t have pencils. Now, Tom. Do you understand?”
Tom looked at the teacher for a moment and then he said, “My goodness! What happened to all the 25 , sir?”
16. A. hated B. loved C. studied D. enjoyed
17. A. book B. blackboard C. window D. desk
18. A. thinking B. talking C. shouting D. listening
19. A. their B. his C. our D. your
20. A. When B. How C. What D. Why
21. A. Sit down B. Come in C. Wake up D. Get up
22. A. after B. at C. for D. through
23. A. because B. when C. while D. so
24. A. happy B. angry C. excited D. sad
25. A. books B. pens C. papers D. pencils
Do you like dogs? Do you have free time at the weekend? We need a pet sitter (临时照看宠物者) for our dog. Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Pay is ￡2 each hour.
For the job, you will watch our dog, feed it and walk with it.
You will work in our house. We live in London, near Victoria station.
Please call 0207 9226216. Ask for Ms Smith.
Away for the weekend?
Going on holiday?
I’m 15 years old and have experience caring for dogs and cats.
Your home or mine.
26. Who wants to find a pet sitter for the dog?
A. Ms Smith. B. Adam.
C. Ms Smith’s parents. D. Adam’s brother.
27. How many hours does the pet sitter work from Saturday to Sunday?
A. 10. B. 15. C. 20. D. 25.
28. The pet sitter will get __________ for working every weekend.
A. ￡30. B. ￡40. C. ￡50. D. ￡60.
29. What is NOT the pet sitter’s job?
A. Taking care of the dog. B. Taking a walk with the dog.
C. Giving food to the dog. D. Cleaning the dog’s house.
30. Which of the following is true?
A. Adam asks for a job as a pet sitter.
B. The pet sitter will work in his or her own house.
C. Ms Smith lives far away from Victoria station.
D. Adam is not good at looking after dogs and cats.
Different countries have different customs in giving presents.
In China you must never give a clock to a Chinese person, because the sound of the word for “clock” is similar to the sound of “death”. Also, don’t wrap (用……包裹) a present in white, black, or blue paper, because they are the colours for funerals (葬礼). Don’t give a knife, because something sharp can cut a friendship.
In Russia if you give flowers as presents, you have to give an odd number of them (one, three, five, etc.) because even numbers of flowers are for funerals.
In Germany if you are invited to dinner, flowers are good presents to take to your dinner hostess (女主人), but don’t take her red roses because it means you are in love with her. Don’t take thirteen of anything because it’s an unlucky number. Don’t take an even number of anything, either. Don’t wrap your presents in white, brown, or black paper.
31. According to the passage, __________must never be given to Chinese people as presents.
A. flowers B. clothes C. food D. clocks
32. People don’t wrap presents in black or white paper in__________.
A. Germany B. China
C. both China and Germany D. both China and Russia
33. What does the underlined word “even” mean in Chinese in the passage?
A. 偶数的 B. 奇数的 C. 甚至 D. 平坦的
34. What presents can you take to your dinner hostess in Germany?
A. Thirteen of something.
B. Flowers except red roses.
C. An even number of something.
D. Something wrapped in brown paper.
35. Which is the best title of the passage?
A. Foreigners’ presents.
B. Giving flowers as presents.
C. Different customs in giving presents.
D. Don’t give thirteen of anything as presents.
An American architect (建筑师) was visiting London. He wanted to see all the famous buildings there so he stopped a taxi and asked the driver to take him to all the old and famous buildings in London.
The driver drove him to the Tower of London.
“This is the Tower of London. It was a prison (监狱) in the old days,” he said.
“It is so small. In America we could build this in a day,” said the American.
The taxi driver took the American to Westminster Abbey. He said,
“This is a famous church. Kings and queens (国王与王后) get married here.”
The American looked at the old building and said,
“Huh. We could build this in two days.”
The driver decided to take the American to a bigger church so he drove him to St Paul’s Cathedral. He stopped outside the church and said,
“This is the most famous church in England. The great architect Christopher Wren built this church.”
The American got out of the taxi and looked at the church.
“Huh. We could build this church in three days,” he said.
Next the driver took the American to the House of Parliament.
“This is where British politicians (政治家) meet.”
“Huh,” the American said, “We could build this in four days.”
The diver said nothing and drove past Buckingham Palace, the home of Queen Elizabeth. As the taxi passed the palace, the American said,
“Hey! What is this building? I have never seen such a beautiful one.”
The taxi driver looked at the palace and said,
“I don’t know. It wasn’t there this morning.”
36. How many old and famous buildings in London are mentioned (提及) in the passage?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. D. Five.
37. Where do the British kings and queens get married?
A. In the Tower of London. B. In St Paul’s Cathedral.
C. In the House of Parliament. D. In Westminster Abbey.
38. According to the American architect, they could build St Paul’s Cathedral in __________.
A. one day B. two days C. three days D. four days
39. When the American saw Buckingham Palace, he __________.
A. got a great surprise
B. felt very disappointed
C. said nothing and went away
D. said they could build this in five days in America
40. From the story we can see the American architect was __________.
A. honest B. proud C. modest D. hard-working
供你参考的词汇有：bad behaviors不良行为 scribble (v.) 乱涂乱画 throw the rubbish everywhere 乱丢垃圾
Say no to bad behaviors!